Biltmore Estate Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta is a delectable dish of tender chicken, creamy gorgonzola sauce, and pasta. Elevate your dinner table with this exquisite meal that’s as impressive as it is comforting. This blue cheese chicken pasta is perfect for a special occasion or to satisfy a craving for something extraordinary.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta So Good?
Gorgonzola cheese may be a bit too pungent for some folks, but for those who like it, it’s kind of addictive. A great way to get more of it into your life is with this fantastic recipe from the legendary Biltmore Estate.
This dish combines rigatoni tossed with an herb-infused cream sauce that perfectly balances the punch of the Gorgonzola. Once topped with a crispy pan-seared chicken breast, this dish is immensely satisfying.
Why You Should Try This Recipe With Gorgonzola Cheese
Chicken gorgonzola pasta is the kind of dish that brings a collective ‘wow’ to the lips of diners. It’s upscale dining that you can do in your own kitchen.
There’s no reason to get intimidated by the long list of ingredients or all the components that go into this meal. It’s pretty easy, and you’ll wind up with a restaurant-quality dish that you will proudly serve family and guests.
Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Ingredients
For preparing the chicken, you’ll need:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the sauce, you’ll need:
- White onion
- Fresh sage (optional)
- Dry white wine
- Heavy cream
Although the fresh sage is optional, it adds a lot to the recipe, so use it if you can.
For the chicken and pasta, you’ll need:
- Marinated chicken
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Crumbled Gorgonzola or other type of blue cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
The original recipe calls for rigatoni, but you can make it Penne Gorgonzola With Chicken if you prefer. Using tube-style pasta is good because some cheese and sauce will collect inside, but any pasta will do.
How to Make Gorgonzola Chicken Pasta
To marinate the chicken breast:
- Mince the garlic and put it in a large container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of garlic minced garlic, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Whisk the marinade and set aside.
- Trim the chicken breasts of any fat and skin.
- Place one trimmed chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and light pound flat with the smooth side of a meat mallet.
- Place the pounded chicken in the marinade and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Cover the container and chill for up to two hours.
To prepare the cream sauce:
- Finely dice the white onion and chop the parsley. If using, chop the fresh sage. Set aside for later.
- Warm a little olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and the remaining garlic to the hot oil and stir. Immediately reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Cook for five minutes to soften the onions.
- Remove the cover and add the cream. Increase the heat to medium-high while constantly stirring.
- Once the cream comes to a simmer, turn off the heat and add all but two tablespoons of the parsley and the sage leaf (if using) to the saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and move it off the stove.
To prepare the pasta and chicken
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While the water comes to a bowl, stir together the flour with salt and pepper in a wide, shallow dish.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package. Continue with the rest of the recipe, but keep an eye on the pasta and drain when cooked.
- Lightly dredge the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour and set on a wire rack.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil to the skillet.
- Place the floured chicken into the skillet and cook for five minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour the white wine into the skillet and use a wooden spatula to scrape up all the bits on the bottom.
- Continue cooking until the liquid reduces to about two tablespoons.
- Add the cream sauce and bring it to a boil while stirring and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses. Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
To assemble the dish:
- Return the drained cooked pasta to the stockpot.
- Stir in the sauce.
- Plate the sauced pasta and add one cooked chicken breast to each portion.
- Garnish with the reserved minced parsley and serve.
What to Serve With Gorgonzola Chicken Pasta
This is a heavy dish, so keep any sides and starters light. Crusty Italian bread or soft breadsticks are a great choice, as is a simple salad of mixed greens.
How to Store the Leftovers
You can keep extra gorgonzola chicken pasta in the fridge for up to three days. Wrap the chicken separately in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Put the sauced pasta in a covered container.
What Is the Best Way to Reheat Pasta Gorgonzola With Chicken?
The best way to reheat this dish without drying out the chicken or turning the pasta to mush is in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and allow it to come up to room temperature on the counter.
- Grease a casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the casserole dish and pile the pasta on top.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and heat for 10 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is warmed through.
Favorite Pasta Recipes
Popular Blue Cheese Recipes
Biltmore Estate Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta
Enjoy an incredible pasta dish with creamy gorgonzola sauce and tender chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 4 to 6 ounces each
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided use
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic divided use
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 fresh sage leaves chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided use
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta preferably multicolored
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Lightly pound each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
In a glass or porcelain dish, combine the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the chicken in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for no more than 2 hours.
To make the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and the remaining teaspoon of garlic. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Then add the sage and 1/4 cup parsley. Remove from the heat and set aside.
To make the rigatoni, bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stock pot. Boil the rigatoni for about 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Dip the chicken lightly in the seasoned flour on both sides.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until completely cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
Add the white wine to the skillet and boil, stirring with a wooden spoon, until there are only 2 tablespoons of liquid in the pan. Add the reserved sauce and bring to a boil. Add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses and simmer. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the dish, toss the pasta with sauce until well coated. Divide the pasta between 4 dishes, top each portion with chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 1213kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 73g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 297mg | Sodium: 901mg | Potassium: 1270mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2175IU | Vitamin C: 20.8mg | Calcium: 395mg | Iron: 3.1mg