Enjoy our take on the Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp recipe at home. This chicken and shrimp dish in a cream-based sauce makes a most wonderful meal.
Outback Steakhouse is known for its steak, but they also do this delicious pasta dinner. Many thanks to Rick Mainhart for serving up this recipe. Team it up with some salad and some bread, and you will have a complete meal.
Outback Steakhouse Pasta with Chicken and Shrimp so good?
No one else combines the flavors of chicken, shrimp, and pasta like the Outback Steakhouse does. The bold Alfredo sauce gives this dish incredible creaminess and rich flavor. While this item may no longer be on the menu, you can still make this amazing dinner combination at home anytime.
Why you should try making this at home
The combination of chicken and shrimp gives this pasta dish a unique flavor with the two different types of meat. The seasoned sauce gives ordinary Alfredo sauce a wonderful elevation of flavor. If you are a fan of pasta dishes, this is the one recipe you will want to try as soon as possible.
Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Can be Made at Home
You don’t have to visit any part of Queensland to enjoy this dish. All you have to do is to prepare this Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp in your kitchen with this easy copycat recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- Poultry seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- White pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- White wine
- Linguine pasta (or fettuccine noodles)
- Olive Oil
How to Make Outback Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
- Combine spices well.
- Put cream and milk in a pan with butter and half of the spice mixture. Thicken and reduce; set aside.
- Cook linguine to the al dente stage.
- Sauté chicken breasts with wine and remaining spices until done. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté shrimp in a pan, adding wine if necessary.
- Place cooked chicken and shrimp on top of pasta. Cover with sauce.
What to serve with this chicken and shrimp pasta?
How to store the leftover pasta
To store leftover chicken and shrimp pasta properly, follow these steps to ensure food safety and maintain the quality of your dish:
- Allow the pasta to cool: Before storing, let the pasta cool down to room temperature. However, please don’t leave it out for more than two hours, as bacteria can grow rapidly at room temperature.
- Separate the components: Separate the pasta, sauce, and protein (chicken and shrimp) to prevent the pasta from becoming too soggy.
- Use airtight containers: Transfer the pasta, sauce, and protein into separate airtight containers. This helps to preserve the freshness and flavor of each component.
- Refrigerate promptly: Place the containers in the refrigerator as soon as possible. Ideally, store the leftovers at a temperature of 40°F (4°C) or below.
Consume within a safe time frame: Leftover chicken and shrimp pasta should be consumed within 3 to 4 days to ensure food safety and quality. If you don’t plan to eat the leftovers within this time frame, consider freezing them instead.
To freeze leftover chicken and shrimp pasta:
- Follow steps 1-3 above, allowing the pasta to cool and separating the components.
- Wrap the containers tightly: If using airtight containers, seal the lids tightly. Alternatively, use heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap to cover the containers.
- Label and date the containers: Write the contents and date on each container to help you keep track of the leftovers.
- Store in the freezer: Place the containers in the freezer, where they can be stored for up to 2 to 3 months.
How to reheat
When you’re ready to reheat your leftover chicken and shrimp pasta, remove the desired portion from the refrigerator or freezer. Thaw frozen leftovers in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave using the defrost setting. Reheat the pasta, sauce, and protein separately on the stovetop or in the microwave, stirring occasionally to ensure even heating. Combine the components when they are hot and serve immediately.
Love this Outback Steakhouse recipe? Try these Copycat Outback Steakhouse Recipes
Easy Chicken and Shrimp Pasta Recipes
Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp
You can prepare Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp at home with this easy copycat recipe.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pint cream
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mortar spices well. Put cream and milk in a pan with butter and half the spice mixture. Thicken and reduce; set aside. Cook linguine to the al dente stage. Saute chicken breasts with wine and remaining spices until done. Remove and set aside. Saute shrimp in a pan, adding wine if necessary. Serve each breast on a bed of linguine with shrimp. Cover with sauce.
Calories: 814kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1145IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 2.9mg