We are quickly moving through 2024, and although we have had a cooler than normal winter so far, warmer temperatures will soon be on the way.
I am always looking out for easy, great-tasting recipes that I can use when entertaining, and these sweet berry gems are perfect. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and these sweet treats would be great for any Valentine’s Day celebration. Whether you are throwing a large get-together for friends or an intimate family dinner, this easy treat would be perfect.
These stuffed berries can be prepared ahead of time, which is always a great help when entertaining, though they are best the Day that you make them. You will need strawberries on the larger side, and it is best to choose ripe, unblemished fruit.
I topped my berries with shaved chocolate pieces. Still, a drizzle of melted dark chocolate would also taste and look fantastic. I am parting this recipe to serve four, but it is very easy to double or even triple if needed. A small melon baller, or even a small measuring spoon works best to scoop out the center of the berries.
- 12 Large, Ripe Strawberries
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese, At Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Shavings
- Cut the top off of each berry, and enough off the bottom to allow the berries to stand on its own.
- Use a melon baller or small measuring spoon to scoop out the center of each berry.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and and creamy.
- Fill a pastry bag with a fluted tip and fill the berries.
- Sprinkle the berries with the shaved chocolate.
- Refrigerate until serving, then place on a platter and enjoy!