This classic Olive Garden Grilled Chicken and Alfredo Sauce recipe is made up of a creamy, rich sauce that is not only delicious but easy to make, taking only 30 minutes! The creamy chicken alfredo sauce is one of the main reasons I started making copycat recipes! And I’m glad I did!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Everyone Loves the Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Going to the Olive Garden was always a treat for my family when I was growing up so I understood why so many people asked me to make a copycat recipe for the Olive Garden Grilled Chicken and Alfredo Sauce. This creamy chicken alfredo sauce is one of my favorite Olive Garden copycat recipes.
I still find it one of my favorite recipes to make. The sauce is so creamy and rich and perfectly matches the grilled chicken and pasta. And did I mention how easy it is to make? From start to finish, it takes only 30 minutes to make. You are going to love the flavor!
What is the difference between Alfredo and Carbonara sauce?
Both sauces are to die for but there is a slight difference between the two. Alfredo is a white sauce made with butter, parsley, heavy cream, and garlic. Carbonara, on the other hand, is made with pecorino romano, eggs, black pepper, and guanciale.
Guanciale is an Italian cured meat from a pig. You can substitute Pancetta for it. Alfredo sauce is usually combined with shrimp or chicken.
Olive Garden Grilled Chicken with Alfredo Sauce is the perfect meal. Pair it with a salad or veggies to make it complete.
Here’s what you need:
- Chicken Breast
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fettuccine noodles
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo
Here are the steps to prepare this chicken alfredo recipe:
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Grill the chicken on each side until cooked through.
- In the meantime, prepare the pasta in a large pot according to the directions. Cook it to al dente and then drain off the pasta water but do not rinse the pasta.
- In a skillet, combine the heavy cream and butter over medium heat. Stir and heat until small bubbles form but do not let it boil.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese and the garlic powder. The sauce will begin to thicken up.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the reserved pasta. Serve with the chicken on top.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- I use fettuccine, but you can substitute it with linguini or spaghetti. If you enjoy that pasta, this sauce would also be nice with a penne.
- When cooking the chicken, I like to saute it on the first side for about 5 to 7 minutes. Then flip it for an additional 3-4 minutes. Make sure it’s cooked through before serving.
- If you want to save some of the sauce, remove it from the pan before adding the pasta. Store it in a separate container so you can use it again. Keep it refrigerated.
What can you serve with grilled chicken and alfredo sauce
If you want to do a side dish with the chicken and pasta, I suggest something lighter pairing with this. For example, you may want to start with a fresh, crisp green salad or even some grilled vegetables. My air-fryer asparagus is very easy to prepare.
How to store leftovers
The best way to store chicken alfredo pasta is to place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it. To do this, allow the pasta to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Be sure to cover the pasta with the alfredo sauce, as this will help prevent it from drying out.
How to reheat grilled chicken and pasta with alfredo sauce
When you’re ready to reheat the pasta, you can do so in the microwave or on the stove. If using the microwave, cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent splatters. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the pasta is heated through. If using the stove, transfer the pasta to a pan and heat over low to medium heat, frequently stirring, until heated through.
Similar Olive Garden Recipes
Favorite Italian Recipes
What do you like to serve with Alfredo sauce? Let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to share your creations by TAGGING ME ON INSTAGRAM. Sign up for my newsletter, so you never miss a copycat recipe!
Olive Garden Grilled Chicken and Alfredo Sauce
Enjoy Olive Garden Grilled Chicken Alfredo Sauce even more at home.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder if desired
- 8 ounces Fettuccine or other pasta prepared according to package directions
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Brush the chicken breasts with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes on the first side. Flip the chicken breasts and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill and set aside. Cut the chicken into slices when ready to serve.
To make the alfredo sauce, warm the cream and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until small bubbles begin to form. Do not let the mixture come to a boil. Add the Parmesan cheese and whisk quickly. Add the garlic powder, if desired, and continue to whisk. The sauce will thicken after a minute or two.
To serve, place half of the prepared pasta on each plate. Then top the pasta with sauce and sliced chicken breast.
- I use fettuccine but you can substitute with linguini or even spaghetti. This sauce would also be nice with a penne if you enjoy that pasta.
- When cooking the chicken, I like to saute on the first side for about 5-7 minutes. Then flip it for an additional 3-4 minutes. Make sure it’s cooked through before serving.
- If you want to save some of the sauce, take it out of the pan before adding the pasta. Store it in a separate container so you can use it again. Keep it refrigerated.
Calories: 2057kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 72g | Fat: 158g | Saturated Fat: 93g | Cholesterol: 685mg | Sodium: 1871mg | Potassium: 1131mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5360IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 632mg | Iron: 3.1mg