This Reindeer Chow is the perfect tasty and festive snack for this holiday season. The chocolate-peanut butter-flavored cereal mixture is topped with Christmas M&M Candies, pretzels, and mini peanut butter cups for a delicious Christmas snack that your whole family will love. This recipe will definitely be on your Christmas list every year.
🗝️ Recipe’s key points
- The red and green colors make this a showstopping dessert that is perfect for your holiday party.
- The pretzels add a touch of saltiness that balances out the sweetness.
- This Christmas Puppy Chow recipe is an easy and delicious way to share some festive cheer this Christmas season.
This Christmas snack mix is an easy recipe. It comes together in about 15 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about much time in the kitchen. Plus. it’s budget-friendly and can be made with items already in your pantry.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips.
- Then add the peanut butter and butter.
- Microwave 1 minute. Stir until melted. Microwave an additional 15 seconds, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, add Chex cereal.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Stir until well-coated.
- Transfer to a zip-top bag.
- Add powdered sugar and shake until well-coated.
- Pour in the pretzels, Reese’s Minis, and M&M’s. Add more powdered sugar, if desired.
- Spread onto a piece of wax paper to cool before serving.
Store Reindeer Chow recipe leftovers in an airtight container with a lid or a Ziploc bag for up to one week.
- Feel free to get creative and use your favorite nut butters to get the nutty flavor in this festive holiday treat.
- Mini marshmallows or mini Hershey’s Kisses are a great swap for the Reese’s cups.
- For a different flavor use white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate dips instead of semisweet chocolate chips.
- I like to use pretzel twists, but you can also use pretzel sticks for this fun snack mix.
- For even more chocolate flavor you can add ⅓ cup of cocoa powder to the powdered sugar that you coat the cereal with.
- You could also swap out the Chex cereal for Cheerios or even Cornflakes.
- Toasted or roasted nuts also make a great addition to this Reindeer Chex mix.
- Once the chocolate and peanut butter mixture has hardened you can serve this reindeer puppy chow in a big bowl. Or place it in a storage bag until you are ready to enjoy it.
- A double boiler method can used to melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Just watch it closely.
- This snack mix makes great homemade gifts for neighbors and friends. Just place it in cellophane bags with some ribbon or you can also use mason jars with a piece of fabric on top.
- This recipe is so flexible you can add your favorite chopped-up candy bars, cookies, or anything else that you enjoy.
Absolutely! This treat is perfect for making and freezing. Just store it in an airtight container or zip-lock bag if freezing. It can last for several months in the freezer.
They are both the same thing. Muddy Buddies is the name brand of the store-bought snack. Whereas puppy chow is the homemade version.
The best way to keep Chex Mix from going stale is to store it in an airtight container.
- These Italian Chocolate Toto Cookies are a delicious twist on a classic cookie! And, they are my favorite holiday treats.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic holiday cookie. And, they are a great treat to enjoy while you are watching Christmas movies.
- Italian S cookies are buttery with a hint of lemon flavor. You can’t go wrong with these on your holiday dessert table.
🍽 What to serve with Reindeer Chow
🔪 All Our Way recommends the following
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Our family has a tradition of giving homemade gifts. And this is one of my go-to when giving to families with children. But, really, this festive holiday treat is raved about by the young and old alike. You should make a double batch because it will be devoured quickly. If you are a fan of Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies, Reindeer Chow recipe is a ramped up version of both.
This recipe is the ultimate sweet treat if you’re looking for the perfect snack to satisfy your Christmas cravings.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
What’s new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make
cooking fun and easy.
Reindeer Chow A Sweet Christmas Chex Cereal Snack Mix
Introducing the Best Christmas Reindeer Chow For The Sweet Snack Lovers! Made with a combination of crispy rice cereal, creamy peanut butter, sweet chocolate, colorful candies, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, this delightful treat is sure to become your favorite holiday indulgent snack.
As An Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4-5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- ▢ ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ▢ ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ▢ 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢ ¾ cup powdered sugar plus more if desired
- ▢ 1 cup mini pretzels plus more if desired
- ▢ ½-1 cup Reese’s Minis plus more if desired
- ▢ ½ cup Christmas M&M’s plus more if desired
In a large bowl, add Chex cereal.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave 1 minute. Stir until melted. Microwave an additional 15 seconds, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir until well coated. Transfer to a zip-top bag.
Add powdered sugar and shake until well coated. Pour in the pretzels, Reese’s Minis, and M&M’s. Add more powdered sugar, if desired. Spread onto a piece of wax paper to cool before serving.
Variation: Feel free to add in any extras, like different M&M’s (we love peanut butter M&M’s), chocolate chips, chopped oreos, chopped candy bars (like Heath). nuts, or mini marshmallows.
Storage: Store in airtight container or zip-top bag up to 1 week. Store in the freezer up to 3 months.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5mg
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!
We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Promise