Are you in need of a quick and easy midweek dinner recipe that’s guaranteed to delight even the pickiest of eaters?! This Ultimate Ground Beef Casserole is a protein-rich dish, combining tender egg noodles, browned ground beef, canned tomatoes, sour cream, and cream cheese.
This hamburger casserole is topped with a mixture of three types of cheese, creating an irresistible gooey melted cheese topping, and garnished with chopped green onions.
This hamburger noodle casserole is a life-saver for those busy midweek nights and is freezer-friendly too!
🗝️ Recipe’s key points
- This recipe calls for simple ingredients, making it a budget-friendly option for midweek meals.
- Easily adapt this casserole by using different ground meat, adding vegetables, changing the type of pasta, and topping it with other cheeses.
- Make this ground beef casserole ahead of time for an easy freezer meal that you can pop into the oven on busy days!
Hamburger noodle casserole is loaded with meaty flavor, creamy sauce, and grated cheese topping. It’s the ultimate comfort food that will satisfy everyone who tries it.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Brown the ground beef and then drain.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, Italian seasoning, and ground pepper.
- Cook the noodles, drain, and set aside.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Mix until the pasta is completely coated.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Spoon the egg noodle mixture into the dish.
- Top it with the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
- Bake the casserole for 35 minutes, covered, and then a further 5 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with extra chopped green onions and enjoy!
Store leftover ground beef casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat single-serving leftovers in the microwave or larger servings in the oven until heated through.
You can freeze this beef casserole for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the fridge to reheat and serve again.
- Use lean ground beef to reduce the fat content in this dish.
- Use gluten-free noodles to cater to gluten sensitivities. In fact, you can use any type of pasta in this ground beef casserole.
- Add vegetables into this ground beef mixture for a boost of nutrition and a great way to sneak vegetables into your family’s diet.
- Let the baked casserole sit for 10-15 minutes before serving it. This will help all of the juices to settle and help set the casserole for easy slicing and serving, and the best flavor.
- Cover the casserole dish for the first 35 minutes to prevent the cheese topping from burning while the rest of the casserole heats through.
- This ground beef casserole can be assembled the night before and stored in the fridge or you can make it a week or two in advance and store it in the freezer, ready to be thawed in the fridge and baked.
- Drain the browned ground beef before adding to the other ingredients to prevent an excess of grease in the casserole.
Ground beef only requires 5-8 minutes on the stove over medium heat.
Egg noodles are not gluten-free as they contain flour. You can use gluten-free brands of egg noodles or another type of gluten-free pasta instead.
This hamburger casserole can be served with garlic bread, a side of vegetables, or salad.
Most casserole recipes consist of a starchy element, vegetables, protein, and sauce. Many also include a delicious topping of shredded cheese.
The starchy ingredient is what helps to bind a casserole together. In this recipe, the egg noodles provide structure and support to the loose and saucy ground beef mixture.
- Italian Creamy Beef And Shells – A delicious dish loaded with beef and shells that’s cooked in a creamy sauce. Perfect with a side salad and breadsticks.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff – Ground beef stroganoff is a quick and easy midweek dinner that the whole family will love.
- Beefy Baked Ravioli – Tender ravioli is smothered in a rich and meaty sauce with cheese, then baked to perfection.
🍽 What to serve with Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Serve this delicious ground beef casserole with homemade dinner rolls, grilled or roasted vegetables, or a simple side salad. Casserole are great for pairing with so many side dish options!
🔪 All Our Way recommends the following
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
This hamburger noodle casserole is incredibly versatile. You can customize it to your heart’s content by adding your favorite veggies or swapping out ingredients to suit your family’s preferences. The possibilities are endless and your tastebuds will thank you for the delightful flavor explosion. So, don’t settle for boring meals when you can create culinary magic with my Family Favorite Creamy Ground Beef Egg Noodle Casserole recipe. Deliciousness awaits, and your family deserves the very best!
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
What’s new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make
cooking fun and easy.
Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole
This Ultimate Ground Beef Casserole is a protein-rich dish that is creamy and flavorful, topped with gooey melted cheese and a sprinkle of chopped green onions.
Servings: 8 servings
As An Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground round
- 14½ oz. diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano undrained
- 10 oz diced tomatoes and green chiles, Ro-Tel undrained
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups egg noodles uncooked medium-size
- 5 green onions chopped
- 8 oz. sour cream container
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese shredded about 1 cup
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded about 1 cup
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded about 1 cup
Cook beef mixture:
Brown ground round in a large skillet over medium, stirring constantly, for 5 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in both cans of diced tomatoes and the following 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Cook egg noodles:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Stir together hot-cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese until blended.
Add ingredients to prepared casserole dish:
Lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon the egg noodle mixture into the dish.Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses in order listed.
Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 960mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 433mg | Iron: 3mg
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!
We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Promise